Hiring Terms & Conditions
- Marine group (AMSA) regulations, state the number of persons on board MUST NOT exceed the number of berths of the individual houseboats, the maximum possible allowance for a commercial hire and drive houseboat is 12. Children under 12 months old are excluded.
- Any person driving a houseboat must be over the age of 18 years and hold either a current drivers or boat operators’ licence and .05 driving laws apply.
- Travel at night is strictly prohibited – AMSA regulations.
- Instruction on handling the houseboat is given before departure.
- A CASH or Card Security Bond of $1,200 or $1,500 is applicable on ALL boats and to be paid on the day of arrival to River Murray Houseboats. Credit card payments incur a 1.9% Surcharge Fee.
- All fuel used during the hire period will be paid for by the hirer at the completion of hire.
- NO animals, firearms, chainsaws, or motor bikes permitted on board.
- Proprietors reserve the right to refuse permission to board at their own discretion.
- The houseboat must be returned in good clean condition, or an extra cleaning charge will apply. Any damage to the houseboat or contents, including losses, is the responsibility of the Hirer who will be charged at cost.
- Smoking inside the houseboat is NOT permitted and additional cleaning fees will apply.
- We require a 4-night minimum stay over our peak period (December–January).
- Fill in your Booking Form and email back within 7 days once you have paid your deposit.
- The Paringa Bridge only lifts twice a day at either 9:30am or 2:30pm. Bridge times are automatically booked for 2:30pm on your day of arrival and again booked for your return at 9:30am on your final morning. If you need alternative bridge arrangements, please advise prior.
- A booking is required for the bridge to lift, if there are NO bookings the bridge will not open.
- Arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the Paringa Bridge opening. The bridge will not stay open and wait for you to arrive!
- If you miss the bridge a late arrival/return fee of $300 per hour or part thereof applies if the houseboat is not returned on time.
- Boarding & Arrival Time is 1pm SHARP and the Paringa Bridge opens at 2.30pm on the FIRST day of hire. If you will be arriving after these times, you need to email or call to make alternate arrangements.
- On the LAST day of hire – the Paringa Bridge opens at 9.30am and to be moored at River Murray Houseboats Marina and departing the boat no later than 10am.
- Email all bedding requirements to email@example.com within 7 days when paying your deposit. Otherwise, it is assumed all queens will be made and a fee of $20 per bedroom will be charged for alterations.
- Please ensure you supply enough food and drinks for however many nights you are onboard the houseboat. Once you leave the Renmark township, there are no shops. *Fees apply for any shopping lists that are required over your hire period.
- Security Car Park – $3 per Car OR Trailer/Caravan per night
- ICE – Can be purchased on the day of arrival, no need to pre-order.
Crushed $13 for 10kg
Block $13 for 10kg
- CANOE HIRE – with paddle/s & life vest/s.
Single – $15 PER NIGHT
Double – $25 PER NIGHT
- Please Note – NO FRUIT OR VEGETABLES ARE TO BE CARRIED INTO SOUTH AUSTRALIA from interstate and must be safely disposed of before entering SA. Fines do apply. You cannot bring certain fruits and vegetables into the Riverland. Fruit and vegetables that are at risk from fruit fly cannot travel with you into the Riverland. To protect Riverland growers the ‘bring a receipt’ rule is no longer recognised. You will be fined if you are caught traveling into the Riverland with these fruit and vegetables.
*The law changed on 29 July 2021. Call the 24hr Fruit Fly Hotline on 1300 666 010 for more information.
Deposits, Final Payments Security Bonds
- A deposit of $600 is required and to be paid within 7 days from your confirmation email to confirm and secure your booking.
- Once this has been paid, an invoice will be generated for you to pay your final balance which is due 8 weeks prior to the hire period.
- Any bookings made within our 8-week payment period are required to be paid in full within 7 days.
- Balance can be paid by cheque or electronic transfer. Credit card payments incur a 1.9% Surcharge – please advise if you would like to pay your invoice this way.
- A CASH or Card Security Bond is applicable on all boats and to be paid on the day of arrival to the manager.
- Credit card payments incur a 1.9% Surcharge Fee.
- Bond amounts are as follows per boat:
*Rates are subject to change without notice.
Gift Certificate - Terms & Conditions
- Gift certificates need to be mentioned and emailed through when booking.
- Gift certificates are not redeemable for cash.
- Gift certificates are non-transferable.
- Valued for 12 months from Month of issue.
- It can however be upgraded for a longer hire period or different houseboat.
- Gift certificates do NOT include your bond or fuel costs. Fuel will be charge on top, at a market rate at the time of hire.
- Gift certificates are not to be redeemed in December – January school holidays or any other school holidays/long weekends.